||Nov. 18- Nov. 22
||This week we have been reading and discussing the book, Our Special Sweet Potato Pie by Andrea Davis Pinkney. In this book, a family decides to make a special sweet potato pie for Daddy’s birthday. But when the potatoes begin to roll across the ground, can anyone catch them?
||New Letters and Words
||New Letter:Cc New Word:Have Keep Reviewing:Mm, Ss, Aa, Pp, Tt, Ii, and NnSight Words:I, can, the, a, like, we, see, go, to and have
What is Your Child Learning?
|In Reading this week your child has:Vocabulary Words: combine, farmer, ingredient, market, nutritiousListening and Reading Comprehension:
- identified sequence of events
- made inferences in the book, Our Special Sweet Potato Pie and in practice activities
- children matched the /k/ sound to the letter c and wrote the letter c
- sorted pictures with Mm, Aa, Ss, Pp, Tt, Ii, Nn and Cc
- read and wrote the words Cam, cap, can and cat
- identified words that began with the c sound
- identified words that had the same beginning sounds
- practiced sequencing events in the Big Book Our Special Sweet Potato Pie
- wrote a book called, Things I Have
- learned action words (verbs) to describe the actions involving animals, objects, and people
|In math this week we learned:
- to make shapes on a geoboard
- how to place an object on a real graph
- to identify ordinal positions and pay for items using pennies
- to copy patterns and identify AB and ABB Shape patterns
- how to solve a problem by acting it out
||On Wednesday, November 27, we will be dismissed at 1:30 for Thanksgiving Break. Nov. 28-29: Thanksgiving BreakDec.21-Jan. 3 No School Christmas Break
|You Are Teachers, Too!!
|One concept that we have been developing is the awareness that sentences are composed of individual words. We are able to count the number of words in each sentence. You can help at home by saying a sentence and having your child count the words in the sentence. Every day the children are improving their ability to blend words and read sentences. I try to have the children read to me every day. I feel that it is important to integrate small group activities, large group activities and individual activities within my classroom.
|Folktale:Little Juan and the Cooking Pot Grandfather Bear is Hungry Fluency Readers:
We Have Vegetables!
Let’s Have Dinner!
Foods That Grow