Letter Mm Activities
* Songs and Cheers
~ Mm Cheer
~ Kirate Writing
~ The Five Days of Halloween
~ These are the Vowels
~ Katalina Matalina
~ Yo Letters its Your Birthday
~ Syllable Clap
~ Who Let the Letters Out?
* Learned Sign Language sign for the letter Mm
* Found M’s around the room and in our morning message
* Worked on printing capital M and lowercase m
* Introduced a Comma
* Reviewed Syllables
* Learned a new sight word: to!
* Reviewed beginning and ending sounds
* Can code and read many words!
* Read the new decodable reader Hop on the Mop!
Books We Read
* Monkey’s Miserable Monday by Valerie Garfield
* Mouse’s First Spring by Lauren Thompson
* If You Give A Moose A Muffin by Laura Joffe Numberoff
* If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Joffe Numberoff
* Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
* A Chair For My Mother by Vera B. Williams
* Mrs. Brice’s Mice by Syd Hoff
* Naughty Little Monkeys by Jim Aylesworth
* And Many Others
* Math Center – Stamped AB patterns
* Computer Center – Carve a pumpkin at http://www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf
* Writing Center- Made flash cards/mini book to practice blending words
* Dramatic Play- Free play in the classroom
* Alphabet Center – Halloween BINGO
* Order numbers 1-10
* Count 1-20
* Identify ordinal numbers
* Played Missing Number Game
* Played number BINGO
* Practiced writing 1′s, 2′s, 3′s, 4′s, 5′s, and 6′s
* M&M’s Graphing Activity!